It’s almost the end of September which means many of us have almost made it through our first month of school. Now that calls for a CELEBRATION, especially with the climate of the world today, we should be celebrating all the little extra things we wouldn’t normally celebrate. AND a party isn’t a party without a Piñata. This post includes all the instructions to make yourself a Mini Piñata, which can be given away, used at a small get together or saved for a rainy day when you need that extra pick me up.
- Paper Cup
- Tissue paper
- String (in 2 pieces one 15 cm, one 30-60cm)
1.Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup, pull the 30 cm string through the hole and tie a knot.
3. Add the candy to the cup then secure the circle of tissue paper with the elastic to the cup. Since Halloween is right around the corner stores are filled with mini candies, especially mini chocolate bars. 🙂 Alternately, if you do not have an elastic you can glue the tissue paper to the bottom of the cup, just make sure to let it dry before you complete the next steps.
4. Cut your remaining tissue paper into 3 inch strips (minimum 5). Fold one strip in half, cut slits all along the strip.
5. Glue the strip of tissue paper around the cup adding glue as you circle the cup. Cut off the excess. Start near the elastic and work you way up.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 till you have covered the entire cup.
7. Tape the other piece of string to the bottom of the piñata onto the tissue paper. When you need a little celebration pull the bottom string and watch the candy fall.
We want to see all your art creations!