It’s not often kids are allowed to get paint on their clothes so this activity is always a big hit.
- Plain cotton (any colour) t-shirt — new ,old, big, little, pre-washed or not
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Textile medium
- Parchment paper
- Stencil/spray adhesive (optional)
- Place parchment paper on the inside of the t-shirt and lay flat on the table.
- For every colour of paint you are using mix 1 part textile medium and 2 parts paint.(textile medium makes the paint so it washes nicely and not out of the shirt)
- Then Paint! Anything your heart desires.
Once its dry its ready to wear!
If you want a silhouette figure like the above pictures then there are a few extra steps.
- Print a silhouette of the character you desire and cut it out
- Spray the back of the stencil lightly with the spray adhesive. Stick it to the t-shirt in desired position.
- Lastly paint inside the stencil (using the medium mixed paint)
- Once done carefully pull off stencil and let dry.
Make sure to model your impeccably designed shirt at all your holiday functions!
Check out some of our participants awesomely designed t-shirts.
One thought on “Day 4 of 12 — T-Shirt Designs”