Don’t Worry Be Happy
The holidays are a time to relax and recharge, they should be a worry free period, but everyone has worries no matter what time of year it is. You can help combat these worries by making a Worry Pet.
A Worry Pet is something you tell your worries too in the morning when you wake up or at night just before you go to bed. They hold all your worries so you don’t have too.
And making your own Worry Pet is no worry at all.
All you need is: left over fabric (an old towel, blanket, t-shirt or sweater works best) two button (for the eyes) a cup or bowl (no smaller then a 3 inch diameter and no bigger then 6), beans or rice (for the insides), needle, thread, scissors, funnel, pins and chalk.
- Trace 2 circles, using the cup, onto the fabric with the chalk. Cut them out.
- Sew the two buttons onto the side you would like to be the face for the eyes.
- Pin together the circles with the good sides together (meaning the sides you want everyone to see and make sure the buttons are on the inside)
- Sew all around the edges of the circles leaving a 1/2 inch to 1 inch hole.
- Turn inside out.
- Using the funnel, fill the pet with the beans or rice.
- And lastly stitch up the hole.
Now you have a Pet who loves to hear those Worries.
One thought on “Day 6 of 12 — Worry Pets”