Bead creatures are typicality a camp craft but we like to make them all year round. Making bead creatures is the best way to spruce up your keys or backpack. They may look complicated but once you get the hang of it soon you will have a whole menagerie of creatures to dress up every set of keys or bag you have.
- red, blue, yellow, grey or white paint,
- a sponge
- Pony Beads –
- 2 black (for eyes)
- 15 colour 1
- 15 colour 2
- 22 colour 3
- 2 yards of Plastic lacing, a strong cord/yarn or ribbon
- Snake Pattern
- Tie an overhand knot in the middle of your plastic lacing, leaving a little loop for you to attach your snake to things.
2. Add one Bead of Colour 1 to one of the plastic lacing strings.
3. Take the opposite string and pull it through the opposite side of the bead, so your first bead looks like the photo on the right.
4. Continue adding beads row by row following the snake pattern until you get to the end. Make sure to pull the lacing tight so your snake is not floppy. Sometimes the lacing will get twisted, try to keep it as flat as possible. The best way to do that is to just twist it till it is flat.
Look our snake is half way done. The colours are looking rather Christmasy so I think I just might hang him on our Christmas tree this year.
5. When you have finished the snake pattern, take each of the plastic lacings, and pull it through the last row of 3 beads, so it is now on the opposite side. Tie a knot then cut the lacing.
Once the lacing are cut attach you newly made creature to your backpack or your Keys. This way you will always know which set is yours.