Pumpkins always make a wonderful dessert. This Pumpkin cake is especially delicious and the best part is most of the ingredients are pantry staples.
|Dry Ingredients||Wet Ingredients|
|•1 ½ cups all-purpose flour |
•1 cup granulated white sugar
•2 tsp ground cinnamon
•1 tsp baking soda
•1 tsp baking powder
•1/2 tsp salt
|• 1/3 cup oil |
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 2 tsp vinegar
• ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree**
|Icing (optional) |
8×8 cake Pan
** Learn how to Roast your own Pumpkin to make homemade Pumpkin puree Here
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Add Dry Ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) into a large bowl. Whisk together until evenly combined.
3. Add in the Wet ingredients (pumpkin, water, oil, vanilla, and vinegar). Whisk until batter is smooth and evenly mixed.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack.
5. When the cake is cool you can spread icing all over it or just eat it as is. either way tastes delicious.
Note: You can bake this cake in a 9 x 9 inch pan but your cake will be a little thinner and will likely need less baking time.