HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Today is the First day of the new year and the first day of a new calendar. Each Jan 1st always begs the question, “what should we do with our old calendars?” Well instead of just throwing them in the recycling why not make them last a little longer. You can create up to 12, little or big, notebooks to keep track of all your to do lists, your doodles, or your observations on life.
- last years calendar
- printer paper
- Cut out a picture from the calendar, either square or rectangle shaped double the size you would like your notebook to be (we had small ones)
- Trace this picture onto the printer paper. Cut it out a little bit smaller then the actual picture.
- Repeat 2 to 4 times. We found that 4 sheets was the maximum amount that was easy enough for the kids to handle. (If you can handle more then add more)
- Place the printer paper onto the centre of the backside of the picture. Clip to hold the sheets together then fold in half
- Stitch down the spine of the notebook. Tie a knot, release the clip and you are done.
You have just brought new life your old calendar!