Mother’s Day is here! It’s a day to celebrate all mother’s of all kinds. A day that is usually celebrated with flowers, and cookies, and taking your Mom out to her favorite restaurant for Brunch. This years Mother’s day might look a bit different for some, as strolling through the mall or a market to find your mom the perfect gift is just not possible as we all stay home to help defeat the virus. So the other Parental figure has to step up their game and help their kids with a one of a kind Mother’s Day craft. A task that might seem daunting but it doesn’t have to be, below are instructions for a personalized one of a kind Picture frame that the Mom in your life will sure to cherish for years to come. All the materials can either be found around your house or at your essential dollar store.
“Love you to Pieces” Picture Frame
- 8 Popsicle sticks (either bought new or saved from newly eaten Popsicle)
- Paint, paint brushes
- glue (white or a hot glue gun)
- card stock or a picture of you and your mom
- puzzle pieces from that puzzle in the back of the cupboard that has lost a few pieces and you still haven’t thrown out (about 8) or different coloured paper cut into various sized pieces
- “love you to pieces” tag
- pipe cleaner (optional)
- Glue together the Popsicle sticks so they form a small frame.
- Glue a pipe cleaner in a loop at the top of the frame as a hanger (optional)
- Paint the frame, let it dry.
- Print the” love you to pieces” tag Here or write your own message on the blank tag.
- Cut a piece of cardstock to fit behind the frame the draw a picture of you and your mom, or a picture of something she likes or glue a photo of you and your mom in the centre of the cardstock.
- When the frame is dry glue your tag onto it, then glue the puzzle pieces or different shapes of paper all around the frame and let dry.
- Once dry glue the cardstock picture onto the back.
- Next wrap it in some left over tissue paper, newspaper, paper towel, or place it into a small plastic bag so you Mom can open it on Mother’s Day and be super surprised.