Father’s day is upon us once more and what better way to celebrate all things dad then by making him his very own Bobble Head.
- Paper Cup
- pipe cleaner
- Paint and paint brush
- Shirt and Head cut out templates (download here)
- Card stock or Construction paper
- Markers or Crayons
- A small strip of black paper (optional)
Paint the Paper cup and let it dry
- Print out the shirt and head template found Here. Cut them out then trace onto colourful card stock or construction paper. Draw the face of your dad on the head and colour the shirt with something your dad likes maybe even adding a “#1 Dad” or “Worlds Best Dad” Phrase to it.
- Alternatively you can also print a photo of your dad, cut out his face and glue it to the head of the template for that real world feel.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around your finger to make a spring
When the cup is dry cut out a triangle in the front for your dad’s legs
Poke a hole into the bottom of the cup
Poke the pipe cleaner spring through the hole and fold the end over so it stands straight up
- Glue or tape the head to the shirt then attach it to the pipe cleaner adjusting it so your “Dad” can bobble away. If the shirt and head seem too heavy for the Pipe cleaner the just trim them a bit so they are smaller.
Now be sure to place your Dad somewhere so he gets the most out of his Bobble.