With the summer heat beating down on us once again keeping cool is always the priority. What better way to keep cool then to eat a Popsicle. But instead of throwing away all those Popsicle sticks, save them, they are the perfect crafting supply (just make sure to rinse off any sticky Popsicle juice). Making a Minion with these sticks is the perfect way to start. You will need 13 sticks maybe don’t eat all 13 Popsicle in one sitting and if you do I’m sure every Minion would agree it was the right choice.
- Popsicle sticks (13)
- White Glue
- Yellow Paint or Markers
- Paint brushes
- Black, white, gray or blue or purple paper
- Place 11 Popsicle sticks side by side.
- Paint the last two with white glue then place then across the top and the bottom of the sticks.
- Let dry,1/2 to 1 hour or until the glue sets.
- Turnover and paint or colour yellow.
- While the paint dries, watch it, it’s fun . . . just kidding, it’s not . . . Cut out your eye balls and mouth.
- This includes a black band of about an inch wide and as long as your minion’s head.
- A circle of gray, or blue or purple paper. You can use a cup for a tracer.
- Cut a circle of the white paper that is smaller then the gray circle but not too small.
- The using the black paper cut out a small circle for his pupil and his mouth.
- Our Minion only had one eye ball but yours can have as many as you like.
- When the paint is dry, glue the eyes and mouth onto the Minion.
- Optional — you can Hot Glue Magnets onto the back so he can keep your fridge safe or a pipe cleaner so he can be hung in your window or on the wall like a painting.
Just remember to Display your newest army member wherever evil (or good) lurks