Halfway through January, you know the weather is only going to get colder, and cold weather calls for baking. Muffins, cookies, cupcakes, breads, and cakes. Its a time to bake all your old favorites and to try new ones.
This Chocolate Pear Cake is sure to become one of your all time favorites and the best part is that most of these ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard.
|Dry Ingredients||Wet Ingredients|
|• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour |
• 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
• ¼ cup sugar
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
|• 1/3 cup oil |
• ½ cup syrup
(maple, corn, or golden)
• 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup Water
8×8 square cake Pan or 8inch round cake pan
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the Cake pan with either spray, oil or butter.
2. Flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together until evenly combined.
3. Add the Water, oil, syrup, and vinegar into the bowl. Whisk until batter is thoroughly combined.
4. Peel and cut one pear into small pieces, fold those pieces into the cake batter. Cut the second pear into slices, set aside.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. The arrange the slices of pear on top of the batter. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Note: You can bake this cake in a 9 x 9 inch pan but your cake will be a little thinner and will likely need less baking time.
We want to see all your art creations!
Don’t forget to take a picture of your Craft and tag us on Instagram @kreativekidswpg