Kreative kids is all about being kreative with what you got. As many of our crafts depends on what donations we receive week to week. So we are all about adapting and using what we have on hand. The same goes for our baking activities. We received a donation of blueberries, in the summer, after we ate our fill the rest were frozen for future use. The future use happened to be this week when we needed freezer space. So we checked out what else we had in our cupboards and a Fruit Crisp was created. A delicious fruit crisp with just the right amount of sweetness and ingredients that were all pantry staples that everyone should hopefully have in the cupboards as unnecessary trips to the store are still unadvisable.
|Dry Ingredients||Wet Ingredients|
|• ½ cups all-purpose flour |
• 1 cup oats
|• 3 tbsp oil|
• 3 tbsp syrup
|Approx. 2 cups of fruit (frozen or fresh)|
1 tbsp brown sugar
8×8 cake Pan
A little oil, butter or Pam spray to grease the pan
Ice cream, cool whip or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the 8 x 8 inch baking pan with a little oil, butter or pam spray, set aside.
- Add the flour and oats into a bowl. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Add the oil and syrup, Mix together till all the liquid and dry ingredients are equally combined. Set aside. (note: if you are not using apples skip to step 5)
- Peel and core the apples, cutting them into small bite size pieces, place in a bowl. Add the Brown sugar, mix together. Next add the berries to the apples then you guessed it mix again.
- Spread the fruit in the bottom of the pan, then spread the oat mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the apples are tender and the oats are crispy. Let cool then enjoy topped with whipped cream, ice cream or just on its own.
We want to see all your art creations!